Now is a great time to get tomato seeds started indoors! This morning my daughters and I planted Roma tomato seeds in one pot and Jubilee Tomato seeds in two pots. We will transplant them out into the raised garden bed in mid May.
TOMATO, ROMA VFN
"A heavy-yielding variety used for preserves, solid-pack canning, tomato paste and puree. Very little juice and of mild flavor. Determinate, large plants have good leaf cover. Disease resistant."
"An All-American Selection! Golden-orange fruits have a mild, non-acid flavor. They are large, globular and smooth with a meaty thick-walled interior. Few seeds. High in vitamins A and C. Indeterminate."
"For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations." Isaiah 61:11
Indiana Gardening Links of interest ~ Zone 5
- Indiana Orchards
- Apple Tree Cultivars for Indiana
- Indiana Garden & Plant Nurseries
- Indiana dates & ranges for Spring and Fall Planting for selected vegetables
- Indiana Monthly Garden Calendar
- Indiana Living Green Magazine
- Perennials, Trees & Shrubs that grow well in Zone 5
- Growing Green Beans and other beans in Indiana
- Growing Potatoes in Indiana
- Growing Cherry Trees in Indiana
- Pollination of Fruit Trees