"For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations." Isaiah 61:11

Search for garden related articles right here:

Custom Search

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Recent Projects... pruning!

We've had a large bush in our back yard up close to the house. It was a beautful, full bush that the Sparrows loved, BUT it was right outside my kitchen window and blocked the view of everything else.
After looking at the original owner of our home's landscaping plans we were surprised to read that this large bush was actually a Sargent Crabapple Tree!
(Malus Sargenti) It is the smallest of the flowering crabapple species.
This gave me an excuse to start pruning it into a tree! I enjoy pruning bushes, I can't help it. It's the hidden artist in me that desires to create something different! Here's the finished product. I'm sure it will look better in time.


You can see from the huge pile of branches how much pruning was involved here!