My husband has been working on some more landscaping this past week. He wanted to add a Tulip Poplar to our side yard to eventually give more shade to our home and help conserve energy. The Tulip Poplar is the Indiana State Tree. He chose this tree because it's branches grow more upward, rather than horizontal, so it would fit nicely in the space as it grows.
Tonight he plans to get the weedguard and rocks done and have it completed!
"For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations." Isaiah 61:11
Indiana Gardening Links of interest ~ Zone 5
- Indiana Orchards
- Apple Tree Cultivars for Indiana
- Indiana Garden & Plant Nurseries
- Indiana dates & ranges for Spring and Fall Planting for selected vegetables
- Indiana Monthly Garden Calendar
- Indiana Living Green Magazine
- Perennials, Trees & Shrubs that grow well in Zone 5
- Growing Green Beans and other beans in Indiana
- Growing Potatoes in Indiana
- Growing Cherry Trees in Indiana
- Pollination of Fruit Trees