"For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations." Isaiah 61:11

Search for garden related articles right here:

Custom Search

Saturday, July 12, 2008

This week in my Indiana garden...

This past week we were away on vacation. I was curious about how my garden was doing while I was away...
While I was gone my green beans grew well! I was happy to pick my first harvest today. My whole family enjoyed having some fresh cooked green beans tonight!
How I prepare greenbeans from my garden: To prepare I simply wash, snap off ends, and snap into 2 or three pieces. Lightly boil in water on the stove for 8 minutes, drain, put back on stove with 2 TB butter, 1/2 tsp garlic salt & 1/4 tsp. Morton's Natures Season's Seasoning and heat, stirring for 2 minutes! (yum!) I also picked a bowl of fresh lettuce & a small bowl of peas! Everything did pretty well while we were gone. It appears we got a lot of rain which was great for everything except my tomato plant that is in a container. It got a little too much water. It's doing alright though. My zucchini plants are flowering and my potato plant has grown large.

Today's harvest above.


Current photo of greenbeans (pole & bush varieties).


Sweet Potato Plant (in container)


Current photo of Lettuce.


Current photo of Potato Plant.