"For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations." Isaiah 61:11

Search for garden related articles right here:

Custom Search

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Enjoy this season...

Awww... gone are those spring days in Indiana when the first birds come to visit the bird bath and we joyfully welcome them. Gone are the days of filling up the hummingbird feeder and excitedly watching as those tiny creatures come and flit about in such an amazing manner.

Now I sit indoors sipping some coffee as the cold is settling in Northern Indiana. The most I see of nature is a wooden birdhouse hanging down the side of my kitchen cupboard with some artificial trailing ivy and a lifeless yellow bird resting there! I really need to get outside and fill up my bird feeders so I'm not staring at a styrafoam bird! LOL)

Although I look forward to the days when I can begin a new year of gardening, welcome back the spring flowers & birds, and enjoy the warmth of the sun - there is much to enjoy now. Each season of the year and of life has its special joys and blessings!

Today I am enjoying a warm home filled with the colors of Christmas. I love this time of year. The excitement the children have, the lights all aglow, the warmth of candles. It's a beautiful time. Foremost it's the celebration of my Savoir and His birth. Christmas is a reminder of God's love for us - that HE cared enough for us to send HIS son into this world of sin that we might have the opportunity to be redeemed. That is most wondorous blessing.

Enjoy this Merry Christmas season while it is here! Spring and the new gardening season will come soon enough.