"For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations." Isaiah 61:11

Search for garden related articles right here:

Custom Search

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Why I love my raised garden bed...

This year is the first year for me to use the raised garden bed my husband made me last fall. I love it. I definitely prefer it over my regular fenced in garden.
I find it is much easier to maintain as you don't have to bend down as far. I have found that I can fit a lot of things in this garden bed/box using what I call the shoulder planting method (basically planting all the plants closer together). I like this method as weeds just aren't that prevalent. There isn't much room for them to grow amidst the lush vegetation!