This year is the first year for me to use the raised garden bed my husband made me last fall. I love it. I definitely prefer it over my regular fenced in garden.
I find it is much easier to maintain as you don't have to bend down as far. I have found that I can fit a lot of things in this garden bed/box using what I call the shoulder planting method (basically planting all the plants closer together). I like this method as weeds just aren't that prevalent. There isn't much room for them to grow amidst the lush vegetation!
"For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations." Isaiah 61:11
Indiana Gardening Links of interest ~ Zone 5
- Indiana Orchards
- Apple Tree Cultivars for Indiana
- Indiana Garden & Plant Nurseries
- Indiana dates & ranges for Spring and Fall Planting for selected vegetables
- Indiana Monthly Garden Calendar
- Indiana Living Green Magazine
- Perennials, Trees & Shrubs that grow well in Zone 5
- Growing Green Beans and other beans in Indiana
- Growing Potatoes in Indiana
- Growing Cherry Trees in Indiana
- Pollination of Fruit Trees