I always enjoy planting radishes. They take up little space and usually only require 22 days from planting the seeds until harvest! For those of us who are short on patience this is a rewarding plant to grow!
This year I planted Cherry Belle radishes and French Breakfast radishes. Over the weekend I got to pick the first planting of them.
The photo is of my Cherry Belle radishes. They can be planted in stone free soil in early spring to early summer and again in late summer for a fall crop. The Cherry Belle are very bright red and add excellent color to any garden salad.
"For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations." Isaiah 61:11
Indiana Gardening Links of interest ~ Zone 5
- Indiana Orchards
- Apple Tree Cultivars for Indiana
- Indiana Garden & Plant Nurseries
- Indiana dates & ranges for Spring and Fall Planting for selected vegetables
- Indiana Monthly Garden Calendar
- Indiana Living Green Magazine
- Perennials, Trees & Shrubs that grow well in Zone 5
- Growing Green Beans and other beans in Indiana
- Growing Potatoes in Indiana
- Growing Cherry Trees in Indiana
- Pollination of Fruit Trees