I am excited to soon be adding a raised garden bed for next year!
My husband is going to be adding some much needed drainage pipe to our yard and we came up with a productive use for the extra soil!
We are going use landscape timbers to make a raised garden bed in the area where our girl's playset use to sit. After we have constructed the raised garden bed we can then dump the extra soil right in!
The following is good video on making a raised garden bed.
"For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations." Isaiah 61:11
Indiana Gardening Links of interest ~ Zone 5
- Indiana Orchards
- Apple Tree Cultivars for Indiana
- Indiana Garden & Plant Nurseries
- Indiana dates & ranges for Spring and Fall Planting for selected vegetables
- Indiana Monthly Garden Calendar
- Indiana Living Green Magazine
- Perennials, Trees & Shrubs that grow well in Zone 5
- Growing Green Beans and other beans in Indiana
- Growing Potatoes in Indiana
- Growing Cherry Trees in Indiana
- Pollination of Fruit Trees