I just came across a very simple method for making a bird feeder with children. An adult or older child is needed for doing the cutting into the milk carton but younger children could also help by rinsing out the milk jug, helping poke the sticks in the holes for the perches & helping put the bird seed in.
You likely have the needed supplies for this project right now in your home & garage!
Click below for link with directions and illustration:
Milk Jug bird feeder
I'm going to make one today with my daughters.
"For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations." Isaiah 61:11
Indiana Gardening Links of interest ~ Zone 5
- Indiana Orchards
- Apple Tree Cultivars for Indiana
- Indiana Garden & Plant Nurseries
- Indiana dates & ranges for Spring and Fall Planting for selected vegetables
- Indiana Monthly Garden Calendar
- Indiana Living Green Magazine
- Perennials, Trees & Shrubs that grow well in Zone 5
- Growing Green Beans and other beans in Indiana
- Growing Potatoes in Indiana
- Growing Cherry Trees in Indiana
- Pollination of Fruit Trees