"For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations." Isaiah 61:11
Indiana Gardening Links of interest ~ Zone 5
- Indiana Orchards
- Apple Tree Cultivars for Indiana
- Indiana Garden & Plant Nurseries
- Indiana dates & ranges for Spring and Fall Planting for selected vegetables
- Indiana Monthly Garden Calendar
- Indiana Living Green Magazine
- Perennials, Trees & Shrubs that grow well in Zone 5
- Growing Green Beans and other beans in Indiana
- Growing Potatoes in Indiana
- Growing Cherry Trees in Indiana
- Pollination of Fruit Trees
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
This week in my Indiana garden . . .
This week my cantaloupe plant has spread out and is flowering, my pole green beans continue to give a great harvest. (photos to the left) This morning I picked a large bowl full of green beans! The tomatoes on my cherry tomato plant are starting to get a little color.
My bush green beans are yellowing and done producing. I plan to pull the plants up this afternoon. My okra plants continue to grow and more pod starts are developing.