"For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations." Isaiah 61:11

Search for garden related articles right here:

Custom Search

Monday, June 16, 2008

My new Cherry tree

I have been wanting some fruit trees for a long time. I was interested first in apple trees or pear trees. Much of the trees I saw needed a pollinator tree. This discouraged me as I do not have a lot of space open for multiple trees in my yard. A week ago in a quest to find an "Elberta Peach" tree (which is self-polinating) my husband and I came across an adorable Cherry tree!
montmorency prunus cerasus


I'm happy to say my husband bought it and planted it for me in honor of our 14th wedding anniversary.

In researching info on Cherry trees I came a cross this link:

http://www.hort.purdue.edu/ext/ho-9.pdf
and got some great advice & tips from Helpful Gardener Garden Forum