"For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations." Isaiah 61:11

Search for garden related articles right here:

Custom Search

Monday, May 26, 2008

Today's plantings: sweet potatoes, scallions & okra

Today I planted additional sweet potato starts in 5 gallon containers. I also planted a few scallion seeds & a few clemson spineless okra seeds out in my garden. I am about to max out my little backyard garden plot! In the next week though I hope to also buy some pole variety lima bean seeds for one little corner I have left and I want to buy an additional 5 gallon pot & some zucchini seeds. Since I had such a time with squash bugs taking over my zucchini last year I am going to try growing zucchini in a container in another part of my yard and use all the tips I've got on keeping those nasty bugs away! See tips here: http://www.helpfulgardener.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8036
I was happy to see that my radishes have come up and additional green bean plants have sprouted up! We've got a lot of sunshine the last couple days and I've been watering faithfully. Things seem to be coming up well!