"For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations." Isaiah 61:11

Search for garden related articles right here:

Custom Search

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Growing Sweet Potatoes

Growing Sweet Potatoes is new quest for me this year! It seems easy enough so far!
A couple months ago I put a regular storebought sweet potato in a cup of water. I've continued to keep it full of water & in a sunny location. Below you will see my Sweet Potato Man is doing great!



I recently cut a couple of the sweet potato starts from the top of my Sweet Potato Man & put them directly into some potting soil in a 5 gallon pot (pictured below). I also put a couple starts in my backyard garden.




UPDATE: Here is what the same sweet potato starts looked like come July: